Fun Finds at the Vintage Paper Faire


Saturday I spent the afternoon perusing the San Francisco Vintage Paper Faire. The faire was packed with people sifting through everything from vintage posters to postcards. So many collectors!

If you've purchased from Paris Hotel Boutique, you've probably received a vintage postcard from us. I am fond of old French interiors/exteriors and the hand-tinted cards. I also like old hotel postcards. Makes sense, doesn't it?


Here are some random postcards that I purchased in addition to the French and hotel ones. I love the colors of these bathing beach postcards...the quality of the old linen cards is amazing...

These people are dressed a bit warm for the beach, don't you think?

These linen cards were of celebrities homes, c. 1950's. Whimsical and fun!

I'm off to sort through my big stack of postcards...You may be receiving one!

Comments

thebubbreport said…
I love them! I collect funny Florida palm trees/beaches and national parks, though I have never really figured out to do with most of them!
Anonymous said…
good finds. another time. connecting with eloquence.
Cashon&Co said…
I love these and the one you sent with the antique receipt is great! Thank you! I posted a pic of the great condiment dish I got from you! Xoxo
FrenchBlue said…
Looks like you scored! That first photo is the colors you are craving these dayz:) I just bought you a surprise to cheer you now not later...
Uh uh uH!!!
XOXO's
lisa golightly said…
Oh how I love the colors and illustrations in the first one ...that is so you ! The care taken in the handtinting process is so sweet ( even though the men look like they are wearing eye shadow and lipstick ! ) Great scoops !
Dear Lynn,
I just adore old postcards. I have quite a few that I bought years ago for about one penny each !! Have you ever seen the vintage British seaside cartoon postcards? They are so funny , full of 'double entendres' and are collecters items now.
.... and, don't you just love how people were so dressed up for the beach !! It was also very bad form to show any part of your body !! Could you imagine what the Victorians would think, if they saw what people looked like on the beach now ?!! XXXX
stylebyrachael said…
Just found your site from the giveaway...so cute!! I love it! Not only am I a follower but a huge fan!
Anonymous said…
I came for the contest and will stay for the elegance, the whimsy, and the variety. Les Petits for moi!

Popular Posts