Meet Crystal...

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I'm not sure why but I've always loved everything from the wonderful spooky decor, to childhood memories of sitting on the floor sorting my little candies after a night of "trick-or-treating" with my best friend.

Every year I try and purchase a new item to add to my little Halloween collection. My collection ranges from vintage jack-0-lanterns to new pieces crafted by talented artists.

Crystal creating in her studio

The other day I stumbled upon this fabulous site, VintagebyCrystal. Boston-based Crystal is a full-time crafter and creates amazing one-of-a-kind items by using antique and vintage materials.

All of Crystal's work is inspired by objects of the past. She specializes in cotton-spun ornaments and figures much like the ones that German artists made over 100 years ago.

AND, the talented Crystal has been featured on the Martha Stewart Show. You can watch her with Martha here.

So, what did I purchase from Crystal? A cotton-spun cat lady and a funny jack-o-lantern head figurine.

But I must tell you that her things sell quickly since they're one-of-a-kind. If you love her work as I do, get her updates by following her blog, her website, and her Etsy shop.

Her Christmas items will be for sale very shortly. And I'm jumping for joy as she has created a Chanukah line! I'll be buying up some of those treasures for sure!

Thanks Crystal...can't wait to get my little people!


images; Vintage by Crystal

Comments

Lynne Rutter said…
i love her stuff! a friend of mine had a custom cake topper done for our wedding. so fun ! http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynnerutter/4705331766/in/set-72157624138383904/
Lynne, OMG, I love that topper!
Yay! Thank you so much for the kind words! :)

Popular Posts