Cats & Dogs at Macy's?

That's right, it's that time of year again when the San Francisco SPCA & Macy's join together to give homeless dogs and cats a warm and loving home. Holiday shoppers come from all over the world to see the amazing window displays that Macy's creates for these precious animals.

I happened to be downtown today and saw the well-cared for darling animals. Do you know that almost all of them get adopted? That makes me so happy.

I tried to take photos, but there were too many people in the way of the windows, so I've used the professional ones. The window themes were of New York. So amazing in person!

All cats and dogs up for adoption have been medically screened, vaccinated, micro-chipped and spayed or neutered. SPCA representatives are at Macy’s while the pets are on display to answer questions from anyone interested in pet adoption.

Here is a link to a streaming video to view the adoptable cats and dogs from three live webcams. Sooo cute!

Holiday shoppers can catch a glimpse of some of San Francisco's cutest animals in the Macy's windows at Stockton and O'Farrell Street through January 2, 2011.

And, if you can't make it, give the best holiday gift by donating to the SPCA here, or the local San Francisco shelter that puts the Macy's window together here.

Comments

Nita Stacy said…
That black and white spotted terrier is the cutest! I had not heard of this. What a fantastic promotion!
Thank you for the sweet post...i would be running to Macy's but i am afraid that my maine coon cat (who found his way to our house to stay there indefinitely) and our 2 adopted mixed pitbulls would not be a very welcoming party
Fear Lynn,
What a wonderful idea to get some of the poor, unfortunate animals a home.
It's a good job I don't live there and for that matter, don't even live in the country, as I would want to give a home to all of them !!
We have the RSPCA here which will be easier for me to donate to. XXXX
I love this idea! There are so many pets that need love :)
Ahhhhhh, Iwould have been there picking a new puppie for sure! great idea and good for Macys for using the diplay to do something so worthwhile. XO
Michelle Marie said…
*Squeals* Every year I see this, it fills me with joy.

xo
Mich
Natalie said…
How wonderful! This post just made my day. Thanks for always sharing such inspiring posts with us! xoxo

Popular Posts