Holiday Must-Have: French Essence

Many of you may already be familiar with the warm & charming Vicki Archer. I met Vicki some time ago via the blogging world (her blog is titled French Essence.) She is such an amazing woman!

Ten years ago Vicki bought and restored a seventeenth-century property in Saint-Remy-de-Provence, and told the story in her book My French Life, a true classic.

Vicki's beautiful dressing table

Now the moment we've been waiting for... Vicki's second book, French Essence. In this fabulous book, Vicki collaborates with photographer Carla Coulson. The book is a celebration of Vicki's daily life in Provence. Vicki shares the ambiance and beauty of this beautiful area. The book is filled with gorgeous photographs of lush gardens, timeless interiors, hauntingly beautiful village lanes, and inspired aesthetic details.

one of Vicki's favorite chapters in the book is about the French circus..."'the big top' was an an interior to love - the textures, the colour, the lighting even the simple velvet covered seating."

French Essence is definitely a treasure. Not just the content of the book, but the delightful Vicki that many of us have grown to love via her blog!

Be sure and add French Essence to your Christmas list! You can purchase it here or here.

image credit: Carla Coulson

Comments

Cathi said…
It is DEFINITELY on my wish list - hoping to find it under my tree on Christmas morning!! xxoo :)
Ali said…
Love this post! I don't comment often enough, but I LOVE your blog

xoxo
vicki archer said…
Thank you Lynn.......You have made my day with this generous post.....much love and another zillion thank yous.....xv
Hi Lynn,
Have already got both and am thinking of buying more for presents. I adore Vickis blog, have won a giveaway from her and love reading her posts. No need to convert me. I'm already a Vicki Archer groupie !!!! haha XXXX
Carla said…
HI Lynn, what a lovely surprise to see French Essence and my pics on your blog. Thank you for your generosity.. Hope you enjoy the book. Carla

Popular Posts