Something to Share


I was absolutely thrilled when Valerie Schmalz, a writer for the San Francisco Catholic Weekly contacted me about doing a story about my great-grandfather's work. She had come across my other blog samuelberger.blogspot.com, and thought there could be a potential story.

This past Friday the story was officially in the paper and online. I'm so elated to have my great-grandfather recognized for his magnificent wood-carving!

You can read the whole article here. The story is titled, "Jewish Artisan's Legacy of Christian Beauty." Big thanks to Valerie for doing this lovely tribute!

Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!

Comments

Oh Lynn,
How lovely....you must be so pleased to see a tribute to your Great Grandfather's work. I'm so pleased for you....and here's to your Great Grandfatherand his beautiful woodwork. XXXX
The French Maid said…
Congratulations! You must be so proud! Don't you just love family history...it really does shape who we are today, doesn't it? What a talented gentleman! I'm so glad he's being recognised for all he has given the city!
--Lee Ann
fri said…
Wonderful read. Congrats.
that is very exciting!!
Anonymous said…
That is such an interesting story! My great grandfather was also a woodcarver. He emigrated to the U.S. from Scotland where he had learned his trade carving figureheads for ships. He did a lot of restoration work on historical buildings in Virginia, as well as making many custom pieces of furniture. It's so fascinating to be able to see today work that was done by an ancestor, isn't it? I will follow your Samuel Berger blog with interest. He made some very beautiful pieces!

Popular Posts