As I mentioned recently, I've been a little under the weather, so not my usual running around like a crazy person during the holiday season. Although I did take a moment to visit one of my favorite shops, which I'll tell you about this week.
In any event, I needed a little "pick me up," and I was able to do it right from the comfort of home.
Here are some of the gifts I bought myself and stayed under $250 for all. AND, it gave me immediate gratification, which is always nice when you're under the weather.
1. Monkey Bar Flannel Pajamas - I love the circus. I love pink, and I love pajamas. Who could resist these flannel monkey pj's by Nick & Nora for Target. $24.99
2. I am not comfortable in high heels, but want to be taller. I want my feet to be warm and toasty. These waterproof, faux fur-lined 2.5" heel boots are the most comfortable I've ever worn, and they make me tall. Love them. Cougar Moula, Zappos. $124
3. Lately I've been really into Victorian jewelry, so I was thrilled to pick up a copy of this out of print book, Victorian Jewelry: Unexplored Treasures at Amazon. $18.15
4. How dare Laura Mercier discontinue my favorite creamy blush? The one that leaves a "dewy" finish unlike powder blushes. The one that lasts for two years. Well, thanks to Amazon, I found the discontinued color. Not cheap, but I have it now and it lasts forever. "Illuminating Stick, Golden Rose Glow." $29.99
5. I saw this jewel tape on line. It's designed by Paris-based jeweler Marie-Héléne de Taillac, whose jewelry is unbelievable and shop is exquisite. Of course I don't know what I'll use it for, but I had to have it! nonesuchthings.com £7.50
6. I can never have enough candles, so I was thrilled to find these decorative ceramic soy candles online. Beautiful cracked containers that are useful after the candles burn. In every scent imaginable and the prices are great. Swan Creek Candle Company $10-12
7. Pretty, pretty bath salts with a picture of my favorite place, The Cliff House in San Francisco. Bluebird Bath Salts. $5