San Francisco Design Finds



This month's issue of San Francisco Magazine, the "Ultimate Home Decor Issue" is a wonderful guide for design finds in the Bay Area. Nineteen of the region's most discriminating design experts share their favorite local shops and artisans. Love it! The issue also features my Victorian gilt faux bamboo corner parlor chairs. The chairs are available for purchase on my web site.Thank you to my friend Sheri Sheridan at Swallowtail in San Francisco who was my partner in getting this placement.

If you are visiting San Francisco in the near future you should check out Swallowtail located in Russian Hill. It's one of my favorite and most eclectic shops in the City! Check out these photos... The store is jam-packed with the most interesting furnishings...modern decor, black & white photography, eclectic vintage and quirky objects. Much of my own home is furnished with Swallowtail finds.


The 30th Annual San Francisco Decorator Showcase was held last month and what an amazing home it was! I've never toured a 55 million dollar home, and this was amazing. The views, spectacular! The tour was held at the gorgeous mansion located at 2901 Broadway, at the top of Pacific Heights. This home, designed in 1927 by Henry Clay Smith for local industrialist Milton S. Ray, opened its doors to the public for the first time ever. Owned by the Mitchell family since 1946, this Renaissance style mansion consists of 10,000 square feet, with 6 bedrooms, 6.5 baths on four levels and has been decorated by some of the best of the best. The elevator foyer featured a pair of my gilt corner chairs.

Comments

katiedid said…
Hello Lynn!
I am so glad to have found your blog through More Ways to Waste Time. Your store is wonderful, and your blog is jsut great. I am visiting you and Swallowtail next time I'm in SF!


p.s.- I am adding you to my blog links!
Thanks Katie!
katiedid said…
P.P.S.
I did get to the SF Designer Showcase House and there were alot of wonderful rooms!
Anonymous said…
Lynn, thanks for your comment about Bridgets paintings on my blog this weekend. You can find out about buying her work directly from her, at: bridgetispainting@neuf.fr
Wonderful blog here, I will add you to my list!!!
Bridget said…
Hello Lynn, what a beautiful blog you have! Thank you for your visit at my blog. Yes I can send paintings to you in California.Did you see something in particular? You can write to me at this address: bridgetispainting@neuf.fr
Have a nice day!
Alkemie said…
Wow! the gilt bamboo chairs are amazing!

Popular Posts