No More Tears...


Today when I heard the news of Donna Summer's passing, I was terribly saddened. I was one of those 70s teens that played her albums over and over again until they warped. On high school Grad Night (oh, so many decades ago), our last dance was "Last Dance." I'm sure many of you have fond memories of Ms. Summer linked to your childhood.


As I was driving down the freeway, one of the radio stations was playing her song list. I started to cry. Having lost my grandmother less than two years, ago, then my mom last year, I felt as though my whole childhood is passing away. Perhaps it is.


I got home and cranked up the duet with Barbra Streisand and Donna singing "No More Tears," and started happily singing.

Rest in Peace Donna...thanks for the memories. It may be your "last dance," but your music will live on in our hearts forever! No More Tears...


Comments

Anonymous said…
I was in shock when I heard the news yesterday. So sad, soooo young. When I was 11 or 12 I danced to "Love to love you baby" at a school performance and 2 days ago I watched her DVD. Such a great and powerful voice. She will be missed.

greetings from Amsterdam,
Renée

Popular Posts