Tips from a Centenarian

My grandmother did it. She lived until 100. I wished I had asked her the secret to aging gracefully. I know one thing; she used regular over-the-counter moisturizer like Ponds. No fancy eye creams, serums, anti-oxidants or anti-wrinkle creams! And, she had beautiful skin her whole life!

The other day Ari Seth Cohen (Advanced Style) posted about Ruth (above), who stays so fit at 100 years old. "Who better than this amazing centenarian to change our perceptions on aging and prove that we can live full lives well into our later years." Check out Ruth's life and style tips below. You may be surprised at some of these easy tips!

100 year old Ruth's Life and Style Tips

  1. I never go to bed with my makeup on. that is number one. At night you must let your skin breathe.

  2. I use a lipstick brush to paint on my lipstick--it stays on longer that way. I can also use a lipstick longer than anyone else because I can dig into it.

  3. Every night before I got to bed I use Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour beauty cream on my lips. You must keep your lips moisturized.

  4. When it comes to fashion you must be aware of your skin tone. You don't wear orange lipstick with a red dress.

  5. I make myself go out everyday, even if its only to walk around the block. The key to staying young is to keep moving. You are never too old to exercise.

  6. Invest in quality pieces, they never go out of style.

  7. Don't look at the calendar, just keep celebrating everyday.

  8. I dress up everyday and I don't wear blue jeans. I dress up even to mail a letter, you never know who you will meet along the way.

  9. I have been active my whole life. An old Elizabeth Arden Ad said,"If you want to look like this when you are forty start when you are twenty."

  10. I wake up every morning and say, "This is the day the Lord has made."

Comments

Carla said…
wow... She would know. What a wonderful inspiraton to women.. Makes aging feel less frightening.. CArla
lisa golightly said…
Anyone who makes me look forward to growing older is my hero. She is a true beauty.
She is gorgeous! And a lesson to us mature women. Love No. 7..........so true. Xo
p-l-a-i-d said…
What great tips! No wonder she looks so great and is 100! Guess I better start taking better care of myself!
Anonymous said…
Beauty cannot be faked, and Miss Ruth is a testimony for us all.
love Miss Ruth! such style and punch! my grand mother lived until 104. She looked splendid on her big 100's birthday bash, in her red lipstick, beautiful thick white air and perfect suit. I only hope to follow her path.
Just came upon your blog and will do more reading and follow.
Anonymous said…
My mum turned 90 this year, I hope and pray she makes it to 100. She is one feisty dame.
Glamour Drops said…
Just found your blog and glad that I did because it is full of interesting titbit articles like this little gem. So much wisdom here - not just on the superficial beauty scale either - but on the deeper tricks for how to enjoy life and get the most out of every single day. Love her attitude - to get dressed up to post a letter - fabulous inspiration!

Popular Posts