The other day Ari Seth Cohen (Advanced Style) posted about Ruth (above), who stays so fit at 100 years old. "Who better than this amazing centenarian to change our perceptions on aging and prove that we can live full lives well into our later years." Check out Ruth's life and style tips below. You may be surprised at some of these easy tips!
100 year old Ruth's Life and Style Tips
- I never go to bed with my makeup on. that is number one. At night you must let your skin breathe.
- I use a lipstick brush to paint on my lipstick--it stays on longer that way. I can also use a lipstick longer than anyone else because I can dig into it.
- Every night before I got to bed I use Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour beauty cream on my lips. You must keep your lips moisturized.
- When it comes to fashion you must be aware of your skin tone. You don't wear orange lipstick with a red dress.
- I make myself go out everyday, even if its only to walk around the block. The key to staying young is to keep moving. You are never too old to exercise.
- Invest in quality pieces, they never go out of style.
- Don't look at the calendar, just keep celebrating everyday.
- I dress up everyday and I don't wear blue jeans. I dress up even to mail a letter, you never know who you will meet along the way.
- I have been active my whole life. An old Elizabeth Arden Ad said,"If you want to look like this when you are forty start when you are twenty."
- I wake up every morning and say, "This is the day the Lord has made."