Cool Down!

To those enduring the extreme summer heat...I'm thinking of you. I can't imagine the heat and the humidity. Oh my.

May you stay cool and comfy in an air-conditioned room or under a shady tree...

perhaps take a dip in a pool...

And pour yourself a refreshing iced tea or lavender lemonade!

Speaking of which, here is a yummy-sounding recipe via Mint Design.

Lavender Lemonade

* 2 cups sugar
* 5 sprigs lavender (stems and buds), plus additional for garnish
* 2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 lemons)
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 4 limes)

Directions: In a large saucepan, bring one gallon of water and the sugar to a boil. Remove from heat; add 7 lavender sprigs and lemon and lime juices. Cool to room temperature, strain, and chill. Serve on ice, with additional lavender for garnish.


Wishing you all a fun-filled {cool} weekend!


images: 1) lavender lemonade image: Karen Mordechai
, 2) Anabelle Elston for Tord Boontje 3) The Bottom of the Basket, 4) Tanya Malott via Laurie Arons

Comments

Unknown said…
gorgeous- I already feel refreshed!

Karen
Karena said…
Beautiful Images!! I love cool and fresh color palettes this time of year!

Come and enter my Latest Giveaway!!
xoxo

Karena
Art by Karena
La Dolfina said…
Gorgeous post, Lynn!
I'm dying to try that lavender lemonade!!
OMG THESE PHOTOS ARE DIVINE...and thank you, beautiful gal for coming to visit my dreamsicle post today!!!!! Your sense of style ROCKS! LOve the lavender lemonade idea! A good friend in Australia has a recipe on her blog too....I think we all have citrus on the brain these days with this heat! STAY COOL! Anita
Hi Lynn,
What beautiful images.....I'm afraid that we are experiencing a lot of rain at the moment.....lets hope that Italy will bee watm and sunny and I can have a few of those delicious looking drinks in your first picture or some Lavender Lemonade. XXXX
Unknown said…
that picture of the pool is so incredibly inviting!! the heat is on its way to So Cal, so i'm preparing myself!
xox alison
I don't have to imagine the heat and humidity! I'm in it! BUT.....That first shot and your post cooled me off it was refreshing!!!!!!!Maryanne xo

Popular Posts