What Color Was Your Room?

Remember when you were a kid... your girlfriends had either a pink or a blue bedroom? Perhaps one of your cousins may have had a yellow room, but they weren't as common. It was easy. Pink or blue? Which were you?


I was a "pink" girl and still am. I swoon for the color pink, even though nothing in my house is pink except for my day planner.

I thought I'd share some pretty retro images I found online since I'm in "pink" mode. Let's go back in time for a moment...

Perhaps you lived in a pink house...

and rode a pink bicycle...

You couldn't wait to go to the fair or carnival and eat cotton candy and candy apples...

If you were like me, after school my friend and I would walk two blocks to the big corner candy shop...that was the highlight of my day...

birthday parties were the best...especially the rose-adorned cakes..in pink, of course

Did you type your book reports with a pink typewriter?

and dream about your wedding day?

I always imagined bridesmaids dressed in pale pink, and funny...mine were. Well, actually it was fuchsia pink!

What fun it was going to the movie house...

or the drive-in theater...

or taking a cruise in your pink car?

Now we're all grown up and times are different, but some of us still have a passion for pink...Do you?

me in my psychedelic pink bedroom c. 1972

Tell me...was your room pink or blue? I bet you remember!

image credits: 1. Oobi via The Happy Home 2.
Kimberly Chorney 3. Cairlinn 4. Simply Hue 5. Beth Retro 6. Beth Retro 7. A Field Journal 8. Marie's Shots 9. lindatinne 10.shoot-me-now 11. lifelovepaper 12. Martha Stewart Weddings 13. Bob Gomel via Life Magazine 14 & 15. Jen Zahigian 17. Room No. 13 18. Gut Instinct

Comments

blah my room was white. so boring!! some day in a far away land when I finally own my place I'll paint my room a deep purple.
Anonymous said…
My room was definitely pink and still remains that way at my parents' house. Bits of tape and scraps of long gone posters freckle the walls all the way down to the (yes) pink carpet. From time to time I'll visit my old room and it still makes me smile to think of all the fantastic stories I dreamed up and acted out in there. :)
lisa golightly said…
I am dying over these images !! When we lived in Nashville I had pink and red heart wallpaper ... so lovely with our red shag carpeting. Then in in AZ I had lime green carpeting. Ugh ! I need to have that pink Bettie Page car. ;)
Nita Stacy said…
What scrumptious photos. I had a blue room and I'm wanting to paint my current bedroom blue too. Blue was always my favorite although I really love pink. I have a pink sofa and use pink a lot in my home now. So funny that your brought this up. My most favorite color is periwinkle and when my Mom built on to the house and gave me a new room when I was a senior in high school it had periwinkle wallpaper that I still love. Crazy that she built me a new room my senior year as I went off to college the next...she was trying to bribe me to come back home. It only worked for one summer.

But I still love that room and loved staying in it every time I came home.
That wedding dress is to die for! Terry Lee just sent me here, btw :)

I was a designer at birth, so every year for my birthday all I wanted was to re-do my bedroom. My mom helped me paint of hang wallpaper, and looking back I am surprised to remember at one time it was a very soft pink wallpaper with butterflies, it was also green and yellow, blue, blue, yellow, and purple once. As an adult I am much more subdued, For me it's either white or pale aqua. Great post!
ChampagneMaker said…
Mine was Yellow and Green! What is up with THAT?! A painfully strong willed mom determined to be the different one...
Oh boy did I have a pink room! Very pale pink walls and pink SHAG (!) carpet. My mother changed out my bedding and curtains every spring/fall. In the spring I had a bedspread and curtains of pink cabbage roses; in the fall it was chocolate brown with white polka-dots!! My bathroom was plush pink carpet and plaid wallpaper of pinks, greens, and white! I still think about my room to this day. Thanks for the memories!!
24 Corners said…
Oh it was pink all the way! Pink shag carpet, pink wallpaper, pink "bed spread" and what's so amazing...is that my bedroom set looked so similar to yours, white with the swirly gold accents (bed & dresser)! :)
la la Lovely said…
These ares some fabulous pink pictures.... I can never get enough pink. I think my room was always boring white .. I mean now I love boring white... My daughters room was already pink and now it's blue -ha!
Thanks for your comment.. I am happy to report that I found my dog. Someone took him to animal control and after calling them non-stop they finally found a dog that fit his description! He is totally worn out from the ordeal...glad last week is over with :-)
x Trina

Popular Posts