Vintage Eye Candy

Every so often I come across blogs or websites that truly excite me. One of them is Miss Moss.

Diana of Miss Moss is a graphic designer from South Africa. She loves vintage, photography, fashion and decor. She is constantly posting the most interesting things that lead me to fascinating places and discoveries. Her latest post of paper moon photography collected by Boston Bill tickled my fancy...


I love these scarce figural cameos (below) documented by Sheaff Ephemera.

What are figural cameos? I had never heard the term before.

"In figural cameos, the advertising text is placed within a design that resembles the product it advertises. Examples of these would be padlocks, kegs, water pitchers, boots, books and many others.

These figural cameos are quite scarce. There are only around 5,500 cameo designs known and Richard Sheaff has documented 250.


Diana blogged about a website entirely dedicated to brand name pencils!

She shares a fabulous array of vintage photographs that she discovers online such as this 1920's French hair salon via cardboy...

and wonderful old Life magazine covers...

So, if you have a moment be sure and check out Miss Moss's blog here. While you're at it, you may want to check out two other sites, Words & Eggs, another vintage design lover with amazing links and info, and Sheaff Ephemera, a place for show-and-tell, wondering aloud, and wandering the trails of curiosity . . .

Thanks Diana for your constant inspiration!!

photos via Miss Moss

Comments

Roxy Te said…
I'm on it! I'm on it! I'm on it! Thanks so much for sharing such a rich resource of inspiration..I never knew what a figural cameo was before this! Happy New Year :)
Karena said…
Oh I will go and check out Mjiss moss!!

Happy New Years!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
Miss Moss said…
Hey Lynn, thank you so much for the kind words and this awesome post! Love that you are stopping by the blog. xx
TIG said…
these are fascinating! happy, happy new year, lynn! hope you had a wonderful holiday and warmest, warmest wishes for the new year! xo

Popular Posts