Mardi Gras Madness!

Is anyone going to be celebrating Mardi Gras on Tuesday? Wouldn't it be fun to be in New Orleans, or just too crazy? I've never been before, but love carnivals!

Vintage Mardi Gras mask/head

This life-sized vintage paper mache Mardi Gras mask has been in my collection for years, and now I'm parting with it. It's available here at Paris Hotel Boutique. Doesn't the face just make you laugh?

"Rex Parade", Mardi Gras, Saturday Evening Post, 1948

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!!!


photo credits; dawlin1, judibird, mcudeque

Comments

Being Canadian we are concentrating on the Olympics but you make the Mardi Gras look fun. I have never been to a crowd party so I think it might be time. XO
I'd love to be in New Orleans, Lynn. I'm sure that it's such good fun.
I'm not too sure of the Mardi Gras mask/head. They give me the heebie-jeebies a bit !!!! XXXX
ceecee said…
I almost forgot about Mardi Gras, and I was married in New Orleans! Thanks for the post. I adore your happy mask.

Catherine
Cashon&Co said…
Crazy question, is it just me, or is that king on the float in the last picture the same king that is the creepy guy in all the burger king commercials? OY!
Love your mask....Mardi Gras is fun. It's been about 13 years since I went, and Drew Carey was the king of our crewe. Ahhhh....good times. Thanks for the memories!
Oh when the Saints come marchin in, oh when the Saints come marchin in....How am I doin so far???Laissez les bon temps rouler! Maryanne:)
a. said…
I love the mask. How fun!

I was going to email you about my "bookstore"...I'm selling older books on Etsy and newer ones on a new blog. I'm adding as fast as I can in the evenings!

www.coteriebookstore.blogspot.com
www.etsy.com/shop/coteriebooks

Popular Posts