Friday, July 10, 2009

Pink & Green

Yesterday's post about Dorothy Draper's Greenbrier got me thinking about how much I love green and pink. It's such a cheerful color combo, so I thought I'd share some favorite photos that I found online. Have a great weekend!





I drive a pepper white and black Mini Cooper, but find myself loving these pink Minis!




but of course, pink & green cupcakes & candy...



This Tony Duquette-style foyer has painted walls, a fun gilt tree console and twig mirror. What an interesting combo.




Such a soothing color palette for a room...

1959 laminate kitchen...

The Beverly Hills Hotel is my absolute favorite. They use the green and pink color combination and it's classic and fabulous...


How about a root beer float at the legendary Fountain Room in the Beverly Hills Hotel? I love sitting at the counter and watching the old Hollywood regulars. Great to people watch. Note the signature banana leaf wallpaper.


I can't leave the Beverly Hills Hotel without pillaging the gift shop for green & pink goodies. They carry everything from pink dog bowls & beds, to little mint tins & candles.



Love this photo. Do you think they're freinds?




If you need a pink and green fix, visit these blogs too!


Pink and Green Scene: Erin searches the web daily to find bedding, apparel & home decor, all in pink and green!

Pink Martinis & Pearls: This SoCal gal loves to entertain, cook, write and finds comfort in the pink and green world of tradition with a twist of her own.


photo credits: 1. Victoria Barracks, Dave Melbourne - Flickr 2. flowers - Laura Hewings -Flickr, 3-4. Mini Coopers- Google search, 5-6. wedding cupcakes, candy topiary- blisstree, 7. Chinoiserie Foyer, Well Appointed House 8-9. Traditional Home. 10. 1959 kitchen, Retro Renovation. 11-13. Beverly Hills Hotel 14. Ms. Green & Mrs. Pink - Brennheit Bakst - Flickr. 15. Pink Fairy Shoes - The Nostalgia Fairy - Flickr.

13 comments:

Erin said...

These are fantastic images! Cheerful indeed! I've always wanted to visit the Beverly Hills Hotel. Now even more! The 2 images of the living rooms are my fav. So pretty and feminine!

Thanks for the link-love! Have a great weekend! :)

Bonjour Madame said...

It really is a cheerful combination isn't it? The beverly hills hotel looks so pretty and glamorous.

Kelly said...

I love these pictures! Pink and green (specifically blush and grass green) were my wedding colors...so, yes, I am a big fan! Thank you for sharing.

Gaia said...

The post was dedicated to me? I enchanted from the first one, is it real?

what about the rest? Pink and green are perfect to me ( http://alices-adventuresinwonderland.blogspot.com/2009/07/its-new-begin.html)

and the mini...look at this: http://alices-adventuresinwonderland.blogspot.com/2009/06/ciao.html

Have a nice weekend!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

This is some serious pink and green fun! Now I'll want to wrap that way all night....I'm very impressionable you know.My next car is going to be a mini Cooper, I love that car. Have a great weekend and thanks for the pink fun.

a. said...

You know I love pink & green!

GREAT pictures as always :-)

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Gaia: yes, the first photo is real. I believe it's in Australia. The photo credit is at the bottom of the post. I looked at your blog. Amazing that you also posted about pink Minis and pink & green!

Sande: Start wrapping now and share photos please! I'd love to post them! And yes, I adore my Mini. It's a great little car in SF where there are no parking spaces!

poppy! said...

lovely post! :)
have a nice weekend!

Mélanie said...

Gorgeous. Love this combo. One year ago, we had a pink and green party in my shop , it looked great

red ticking said...

great post...glad i found your blog... have a nice weekend... pam

Brayton Homestead Interiors said...

All terrific, cannot believe I am admitting this, I want that pink car!!

ticklishfromadistance said...

Love these. How cheerful!!!!!

Di Overton said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE pink and green. So much so that my bedroom is in those exact colours.